Lashes in the Lush

BEAUTY TIPS, TRICKS & TALES FROM THE TROPICS

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Versace Eros pour Femme - Sensual Seductiveness that proofs to be fresh enough for the hot and sweaty tropics


As the fragrances that I adored for many years turned out to smell different in the tropical environment of Singapore, this gave me a good reason to shop for a new perfume. Two requirements: (1) the perfume needs to interacts well with the new South East Asian chemistry of my sweaty, spice-secreting skin,  and (2) as I used to liked warm and rich fragrances before, my new perfume should be both deep and sensual, yet fresh enough for my daily life in the tropical lushes. I gladly found a new favourite in Versace’s ‘Eros pour Femme’…

As mentioned in my post about the reasons WHY a perfume smells different in another environment than that you are used to,  I love deep base notes of Amber, Bourbon Vanilla and Tonka Beans. My favourite perfumes combine these rich and sensual base notes with lighter notes of white flowers in the top and heart notes – for many years, my favourites have been Christian Dior’s Dior Addict (Mandarin Leaves, Night Queen Flower, Orange flower, Bourbon Vanilla, Sandal Wood and Tonka Bean) and Pure Poison (Bergamot, Jasmine, Gardenia, Orange Blossom, White Amber, Sandalwood, Musk) and Keiko Mecheri’s Datura Blanche (Date Tree Blossom, Indian tuberose, Heliotrope, Bitter Almonds, Tonka Bean and Madagascar vanilla).

Taken together,  my findings provided a good reason for me to go shopping for a new perfume: one that interacts well with the new South East Asian chemistry of my sweaty, spice-secreting skin and that is both deep and sensual , as I like it, but also fresh enough for the tropical lushes. And boy, did I find one!

PRODUCT REVIEW: EROS POUR FEMME BY VERSACE



Versace launched this new Eau de Parfum for women as an addition to the popular men’s edition Eros that was introduced in 2012. Eros Pour Femme was launched in Italy in December 2014, and hit the shelves in Asia in the summer of 2015. This new legend is bursting with the passion of when Eros, the god of love, meets his true love: a goddess embodying the primal power of a woman in a very sensual way. A radiant and strong woman that enjoys the game of seduction. I absolutely LOVE the Ad for this fragrance as it really conveys the feeling of the perfume, check it out below!


The fragrance: seductive


The fragrance is indeed very seductive and has a very sexy, primal yet crisp feeling to it. Key words to describe  this fragrance would be attraction, desire, sensuality and passion

The opening of the fragrance reminds me of cologne, as it is somewhat sharp due to the top notes of fresh Sicilian Lemon, Calabrian Bergamot and Pomegranate.

After the top notes have vanished (after a few minutes, so give it some time), the heart of the fragrance emerges: Lemon, Sambac Jasmin and Peony. Jasmine gives the fragrance a sensual round base, whereas Peony, a freshly sweet floral note, adds a playful and seductive touch to it. The Lemon is not very perceptible in my opinion, however the floral heart of the fragrance has a stimulating fresh hint to it that creates a  very addictive effect . I can’t stop sniffing the part of my skin where I sprayed the perfume, again and again, over and over…seriously seductive and addictive!

The base notes of this fragrance are deep and velvety without being overwhelming: ambrox (comparable to Ambergris, which has a subtle sweet and earthy scent ), sensual and smooth woods, creamy sandalwood and Musk. Very sexy and feminine, but also very sophisticated.

The fragrance was created by renowned perfumers Alberto Morillas (a.o.  Kenzo Flower, Carolina Herrera 212, Marc Jacobs Daisy) Olivier Cresp (a.o. Swarovski Aura, Yves Saint Laurent Elle, Givenchy Ange ou Demon) and Nathalie Lorson (a.o. Dolce & Gabbana D & G Pour Femme, Bvlgari Voile de Jasmin), which aren’t the least names in the industry – the mentioned fragrances from their hand are just a few, as the entire list of classics and best-sellers that they have created over the years is too long to mention here.

The bottle: Glam Glam Glam

I love some good rock-star glamour, yet Versace is habitually over the top in both its fashion and fragrances for my liking, at times leaning towards tacky. As you would expect from Versace, the fragrance bottle is very glam and shiny, however not too much in my opinion! The glass bottle is rounded and embellished with a prominent gold plate that has a relief Medusa, Versace’s logo, that is hard to miss. The edges of the gold plate show a classical Greek motif, and the heavy gold cap has a large Medusa relief as well on top. Hard to miss, but within the limits of over the top blingy glam that I can handle. 


CONCLUSION: ADDICTED!

I absolutely adore this scent, and am sure this is one I will be using for years. For me personally, this perfume turns out to be the perfect new favourite for the tropics.  I love the fact that the fragrance is sensual and seductive, yet has a tantalizing fresh hint to it that lasts for hours. The fragrance lasts medium long, and is not affected by heat, sweat or humidity on my skin.
Versace Eros pour Femme is available at Sephora, department stores and perfumeries:
Eau de Parfum 30ml - 105 SGD
Eau de Parfum 50ml - 140 SGD
Eau de Parfum 30ml - 185 SGD
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface.

    Versace Women Perfume

    ReplyDelete

© Lashes in the Lush | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig